February and March Services and Events
- Sunday 2 February (10.30a.m.): Communion Service (Revd. Dr. Gillian Poucher)
- Thursday 6 February (10.00-11.30a.m): Heritage morning
- Sunday 9 February (10.30a.m.): Service (Revd. Stephen Gilbert)
- Sunday 16 February (10.30a.m.): Service (Revd. Dr. Gillian Poucher)
- Thursday 20 February (10.00-11.30a.m): Heritage morning
- Sunday 23 February (10.30a.m): Service (Revd. Dr. Gillian Poucher/ Salvation Army Capt. Wendy Brown)
- Sunday 1 March (10.30a.m): Communion Service (Revd. Dr. Gillian Poucher)
- Thursday 5 March (10.00-11.30a.m): Heritage morning
- Sunday 8 March (10.30a.m): Worship Group
- Sunday 15 March (10.30a.m.): Service (Revd. Dr. Gillian Poucher)
- Thursday 19 March (10.00-11.30a.m): Heritage morning
- Sunday 22 March (10.30a.m): Service (Revd. Dr. Gillian Poucher) followed by Annual General Meeting.
- Sunday 29 March (10.30a.m): Service (Revd. Stephen Gilbert)
We meet for worship every Sunday at 10.30 a.m. On two or three Sundays each month this is led by our Minister, Revd. Dr. Gillian Poucher.
On the other Sundays of each month worship is led by a visiting Minister or lay preacher, or the church’s own lay worship team.
On the first Sunday morning of each month and on Easter Sunday we celebrate the sacrament of Holy Communion. The United Reformed Church believes that all who love the Lord Jesus Christ are welcome at the table, so there is an open invitation.
There are at least four All Age Worship Services each year. On other Sundays children leave the main service halfway through and enjoy their own activities in Junior Church.
We also have Cafe Style Worship three times a year, an informal time of worship, with coffee and biscuits available throughout.
On the first Sunday evening of each month we hold a Meditation Service at 6 p.m. This provides an opportunity for quiet reflection. (March to December).
We are open twice a week for Community Coffee Mornings, on Tuesday (9.30 a.m. - 12 noon) and Saturday (10 a.m. - 12 noon). Our coffee mornings are well-supported by the wider community and over the years many friendships have been established. Why not join us for a cuppa if you are in town? (Entrance on Church Street).
We also have a Friendship Group that numbers about eight people who meet on one evening each month. They enjoy a variety of social events together and are pleased to welcome new people.
There is a loop system and full wheelchair access to the ground floor.
THE MAYFLOWER ROOM EXHIBITION
The Mayflower Room will be open 10am-11.30am on the first and third Thursdays of each month except during December and January. The Mayflower Room accommodates an informative display of the local history of our Separatist ancestors who played an important role in the Mayflower Pilgrims voyage in 1620. All ages welcome. Tea/coffee available.
MONDAY EVENING ART CLUB
Art Club meets Monday evenings 7pm - 9pm until 30 March 2020. (Further dates to be confirmed)