Our Premises

The present church was built in 1896/97. The sanctuary is a fine example of late Victorian Free Church architecture and is set within the town’s central Conservation Area. The Conservation Area includes The Old Hall, a 15th Century Manor House, and All Saints Parish Church which we adjoin.

The church was erected as a memorial to John Robinson, sometimes known as “the Pastor to the Pilgrim Fathers.” He was born nearby at Sturton-le-Steeple in 1575 or 1576. He was hugely instrumental in preparing for the voyage of the Pilgrim Fathers, a group of Separatists, who settled in Plymouth Colony in the U.S. in 1620.

See History Pages

A particular feature of the sanctuary is the two manual pipe organ built by Forster and Andrews.  In recognition of its national heritage importance, the organ has been awarded an Historic Organ Certificate.                                                                                            

 

 

 

 

 

LETTINGS: Our church building is available for rental. The main church (sanctuary) seats up to 100, and has full P.A. system, and projection facilities (on request).  The sanctuary is suitable for meetings, art displays, exhibitions and dramatic performances. The cafe area seats around 30 and is ideal for smaller group meetings. Both have a hearing loop. Please note there is no wifi.  There is a fully equiped kitchen and disabled facilities.  The building is fully accessible. For enquiries, please contact the Church Secretary, Ms. Susan Bee (E-mail bee.susan@yahoo.co.uk).

Back